BME, together with Protea Mining Chemicals forms the mining division within the Omnia Group. The Omnia Group is a JSE listed diversified provider of specialised chemical products and services used in the mining, agriculture and chemicals sectors.
Driving blasting technology for Africa and beyond
BME is all about innovation – using technology to ensure that every blast brings value to our customers. Formed in 1984 on the strength of a new cold emulsion technology that has since become an industry standard. BME now offers cutting-edge products and services at every stage in the explosives supply chain. We are today a leading manufacturer and supplier in Africa of explosives, related accessories and blasting services to the mining, quarrying and construction industries.
We work wherever our customers take us. Our footprint covers 23 countries on 4 continents and we continue to expand where opportunities and synergies present themselves.
Our expertise and experience of working in Africa allows us to rapidly supply and commission emulsion plants at any location. With the production infrastructure and supply network that we have developed over the past three decades, our clients are assured of seamless service. We also enforce a best practice environment that prioritises health and safety for all stakeholders.
From bulk explosives, plants and trucks – to software and initiating systems BME's main product ranges include:
- Bulk explosives
- On-site bulk emulsion plants
- Packaged explosives
- Initiating systems
- Electronic detonators
We provide a wide range of technical services from routine blast monitoring using modern equipment and software to advanced consultancy and optimisation projects. Our leading design software, including BLASTMAP™ III, and our AXXIS™ Digital Initiation System provide the advantage in achieving cost saving initiatives in blasting.
Our aim is more wealth for you through improved efficiencies from blasting optimally.
- Reduced ore dilution and finer fragmentation for increased mineral recovery and higher plant throughput rates.
- Improved wall quality and potentially steeper walls for reduced waste mining and longer life of mine.
- Up to 25% higher rates of ore exposure using effective timing designs and accurate AXXIS™ electronic detonators.
- Single-pass multiple seam mining using advanced timing designs and AXXIS™ electronic detonators.
Our main services include:
- Down-the-hole full blasting services
- Blast consulting, auditing and monitoring
- Blast software
- Mine-to-mill optimisation
- Fly rock control
- Muck pile profiling
- Fragmentation analysis
FOR EXPLOSIVES, THINK BME
Visit the BME website.